Monday, June 2, 2008

10 Years Today!!!!

Wow, I can hardly believe it, but today marks 10 YEARS of marriage for US! It seems like just yesterday we were just starting out, and now here we are celebrating a decade of marriage together (15 years together total). Makes me feel kinda old. ;o)

We sure have come a long way - 3 kids, a dog, many apartments, 2 houses and rough financial beginnings (we were very young when we started out) later - we are at such a great place in our lives. It's amazing how fast it goes and how much we have grown in such a short time span. I couldn't imagine having life any other way.

We went out to an amazing dinner on Saturday night (I had scallops with black fettucini in a saffron sauce - YUMMY!) and Brian decided to give me my gift before we went out. He couldn't wait. Now to preface this, he isn't a good gift planner/giver. He is one to buy my present day of and it's usually a vacuum or something really romantic and exciting like that. He has NEVER bought me jewelry, with the one exception of my engagement ring 11 years ago!

Well, to my surprise he put TONS of thought into my gift (I honestly didn't think we were getting each other anything). This is what he got me:

Pretty nice, huh? I use to tell him all the time that I wanted a ring like that, but he always said "No way". Then I stopped asking years ago. I was convinced it was a lost cause. He doesn't believe in spending money on jewelry. Such a guy. Then he goes to a jeweler and has this made especially for me! It has 10 diamonds to signify our 10 year anniversary and the cut/quality is the same as my engagement ring (princess cut w/ a "f" vvs1 clarity). Definitely worth the wait!! I think the best part is that he put so much thought into it and I was truly surprised. That is the best!! OK, the diamonds are pretty cool too, hehe!

5 comments:

The Mom Jen said...

Happy Anniversary!! What an amazing ring!! Gorgeous, what a sweet hubby.

We celebrate 12 years married on Sunday, 16 together!

;)

Toni said...

Happy Anniversary Amy!! What a beautiful gift!

Kacey said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the ring and the thought that went into it.

Tonya said...

10 years! Happy Anniversary. I hope you have many more.

1CrazyMama! said...

That ring is BEAUTIFUL!!! Happy Anniversery!