Friday, June 20, 2008

Alina Boo's New Do


I did it! After almost 2 1/2 years of growing her hair, my baby toddler got her 1st haircut.

I was apprehensive at first because she really has such beautiful hair, but it started looking a little scraggly at times, so I knew that it had to be done. I decided to take her to a kid's place, so that she could enjoy the experience to it's fullest extent and what a great choice that ended up being!

We get there and the beautician says "You're not cutting her beautiful hair, are YOU?!" Geez - that is not what I wanted to hear after I wasn't sure about cutting it in the first place. She then retracts that first statement, and tells me that she meant that I should not cut it short, she should only get a trim. OK, that is what I wanted anyways. Please don't make me second guess myself!!Well, let me just say that Alina was such a big girl and very cooperative - thank goodness! You know it can go either way. Phew! She sat perfectly on the squirrel, chipmunk chair (which was some strange unknown animal - take a look at the thing) and enjoyed the moment. She even calmed down a screaming little boy who was in the chair next to her. Poor kid was not having a good time, but Alina knew just how to cheer him up.
At the end of the cut, she got a sucker and a "My 1st Haircut" certificate. How cute is that?!

Now of course, she wants to get her hair cut like everyday!!

8 comments:

The Mom Jen said...

Oh how adorable!! I really need to do this soon for K too!

Looks like Alina was just an angel the whole time!

Kacey said...

Alina looks adorable as always! Her hair looks so cute.

A Christian Mom said...

She's so darn cute, Amy! I'm going to be taking Olivia for her first cut... soon. Maybe, lol. Will Alina come & hold MY hand?

Love that last picture of her.

Anonymous said...

She looks so beautiful. Zach has had more haircuts than I can count b/c it grows so fast and his looks odd if I try to grow it out a bit. I'm thinking of getting some clippers. If he were a girl, I swear he'd have hair as long as Alina's. Bonus that she cooperated so well!

Toni said...

love it!! I do need to say I was a bit upset when I read what the post was about, but it turned out super cute!!! She looks so happy and proud of her new style. Super cute!!

Tracey said...

What a doll! You are going to be fighting off the boys before you know it! That is great she was so good getting her hair cut. On the animal chair...not a clue what it is!

nope said...

Aw so cute.... What a big girl!

carrie said...

My daughter just got her first
"real" haircut a few months ago (and she's 4)!

Alina looks adorable!