Thursday, May 8, 2008

I was VIOLATED!!!!!!!

Ever have one of those days? The ones where you shouldn't have ever left the house that day? Well, today was that day for me.

I went to Walmart to get some BIG shopping done. We were out of everything, so I needed to spend a lot of money and where better to shop & save mucho dough than at Walmart. I had Alina with me and the cart was packed to it's limit. It was also nap time for her so she started getting antsy to say the least. We were both ready to go.

Of course, the lines were long and the two ladies behind us made casual conversation with us, telling me how pretty Alina was, etc. Made the time pass. Good. Then I checkout and Alina starts melting down and it's time to go. I almost forgot a bag, so I grabbed it and went. I got out to the parking lot with my overly filled cart and realized my purse felt awfully light. So, I check in it and fear the worst - yep my wallet was missing!

I run (as fast as I can with the baby and the cart!!!) back into the store frantic looking for my wallet. The cashier can't find it. The nice lady behind me helps me look, no luck. The cashier then gets me another cart to go through each bag (FUN!) and transfer them to the new cart. IT WAS NOWHERE!!! I run back outside again and retrace my steps (with Alina and the cart - AGAIN!). No luck. I go back in, now the friend of the nice lady is there and she is helping me look. It's gone. So, I say thanks and go to the customer service desk.

Security is called and I talk to the lady. She has to go check the tapes. I wait....

She comes back to tell me that the "Nice" lady behind me stole it!!!!!!!! The one who talked to us, the one who helped me look for IT!!!!!

(Oh and not to mention, all this happened and I had to be home in 20 minutes to get my kids off the bus and I forgot my cell phone at home.)

I guess I paid my bill, and was just about to put my wallet in my purse when the cashier told me I forgot a bag. So, I grabbed the bag and left my wallet on the shelf and left. I walked out of the store and when no one was looking, the lady looked around, saw that no one was looking and grabbed my wallet. She then walked back to her friend and handed it to her!!! The other one that "helped" me!!!!

OMG!!! I am so mad, sad, angry, violated and just sick to my stomach. Who does that to a mom with a baby? To someone who was friendly with them and did nothing wrong to them??? They took everything - over 20 credit cards, my license, my kid's pictures... Which they will just toss. It makes me sad.

The good news is, we have her on tape doing it. A cop walked into the store 5 minutes after it happened, so we got a report right away. We have them getting into their car and they paid with separate EBT cards (food stamps), so hopefully that will help in finding who they are.

It took me 4 hours to cancel all my cards and I am just drained from the whole process of the day. Also, I am going to Chicago soon and now I don't have a license to get on the plane - isn't that just wonderful?! You know how fast the DMV is. Looks like that is what I will be doing tomorrow. Fun times.

I guess you just never know who you are talking to. Just makes me disgusted that I was so friendly to them. Yet, I still have hope that they will ditch my wallet and I will get my kid's pictures back. You never know...

8 comments:

A Christian Mom said...

Oh my goodness, Amy!! That's awful! I was hoping that you were going to say they stopped them women & you were able to get your wallet back from them! I hope the video's help catch those women. I'm so sorry!! Big HUGS!!

Kacey said...

Oh, that's just awful. I'm so sorry! I hope they find those awful women!

Tasha said...

OMG Amy.....How utterly awful. I am just sick with anger for you. I hope they find those women, but if they dont, payback/karma's a bitch. (HUGS) girl. LMK if I can do anything!

Anonymous said...

OMG, my blood is boiling for you. People are so sick!

Jeanna said...

I'm a firm believer in karma so I'm sure it will come back to bite them you-know-where!

For what it's worth, I believe you get your license the same day now. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amy, that is so lousy! I hope they catch them, and I hope the DMV is running unusually smoothly for you! (((Hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, that is just terrible. I hope they find her and nail her!

ohAmanda said...

YUCK. Amy, that's one of the worst things I've ever heard. What a horrible woman!