Thursday, May 22, 2008

What to Eat?


So, here it is day 3 and my mouth still hurts. What the hell? I really expected to feel perfectly fine today, but no. Instead I am sitting her waiting for my narcotics to kick in. I feel like a suburban pill popping momma! I don't want to take them around the clock, but they really do work and I am all about being pain-free.

When do you become addicted to these things? I woke up today feeling especially groggy, which makes me wonder if that is because I was coming off the Lortab while I was sleeping. Not a good feeling. I could see where it's just easier to take more than to feel like crap. Don't worry, I won't do that. I don't have enough pills!

Now onto the food issue. I am unable to chew and I am getting really sick of not eating much. I love food and eating is a passion of mine, so this is really killing me. So far, I have eaten yogurt, oatmeal (which kinda hurt), smoothies and cream soup. Let me tell you, those are just not cutting it. If you want to lose some weight, this is a great diet for that. Only drawback is that you are starving the whole time and every commercial on TV is for food!!!!

Oh, I can't wait to chomp on some good food soon. Until then, what can I eat? Do you have any puree type food suggestions for me? I do have some Jello setting up in the fridge as we speak and I am pretty excited about that. Too bad it doesn't fill you up!

3 comments:

Kacey said...

What about cheesy-broccoli or cauliflower soup, pureed? My mom makes that and it's so good! Let me know if you need a recipe and I'll ask her.

Did I miss the stolen wallet update? I hope you have good news!

Feel better!

1CrazyMama! said...

That stinks! I remember having my wisdom teeth out and I think it was about a week before I could actully eat noraml foods. ((Hugs)) I hope you can chow down soon.

Tasha said...

Better be careful with those pills or you might turn out like my MIL. Bahahaha! Just kidding. No really- I know exactly what you're going through. Yuck! Heal quickly!