Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Guess the movie quote!

OK, I stole this from ohamanda. It sounded fun and I can't wait to see if anyone can get these. I stink at this game, btw! Good luck.

Everyone loves movies and one thing we love from them are the great one liners! Let’s have some fun with them.

Here are the rules:

1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. No Googling or IMDb-ing. That’s cheating and that’s no fun.

Ready? In random order, my quotes:



1. "It's a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself."

2. "You know the great thing, though, is that change can be so constant you don't even feel the difference until there is one. It can be so slow that you don't even notice that your life is better or worse, until it is. Or it can just blow you away, make you something different in an instant. It happened to me."

3. "We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained we must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be by the better angels of our nature."

4. PRETTY WOMAN - Yay Tasha for getting it!!!!"Welcome to Hollywood! What's your dream? Everybody comes here; this is Hollywood, land of dreams. Some dreams come true, some don't; but keep on dreamin' - this is Hollywood. Always time to dream, so keep on dreamin'."

5. "Six bucks and my right nut says we're not landing in Chicago."

6. STAND BY ME - YAY Tasha again!!!"What am I supposed to do, think of everything? I brought the comb!"

7. " Buck up little camper, we'll beat that slope together."

8. "So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday."

9. "Wendy, let me explain something to you. Whenever you come in here and interrupt me, you're breaking my concentration. You're distracting me. And it will then take me time to get back to where I was. You understand?"

10. "Three tomatoes are walking down the street- a poppa tomato, a momma tomato, and a little baby tomato. Baby tomato starts lagging behind. Poppa tomato gets angry, goes over to the baby tomato, and smooshes him... and says, Catch up."

4 comments:

ohAmanda said...

OK, I know ZERO of those! Either you watch weird movies or I am living under a rock!!

I'm going to go back and read them again...

Laume said...

Geeze, you must watch wierd movies! or maybe I watch wierd movies and I don't know any of the normal ones you watch? In either case, not only can I guess zip, none of them even sound vaguely familiar! This is much harder than it seems. I thought my quotes were easy but they've been hard for people too.

Anonymous said...

Wow... I don't know any of them either! LOL The one about Hollywood sounds familiar, but I can't figure it out! lol

Tasha said...

Err, okay. I know #4 is Pretty Woman and #6 is Stand By Me. Ugh- I suck.