Friday, March 28, 2008

You call this SPRING?!


Brrrr....

The sun was shining and the kids were itching to get out, so we decided to walk to the park. I didn't realize how muddy and wet everything was. We had to go through a lot of sidewalk puddles to get there, but we made it!

The boys rode their bikes and I pushed Alina in her stroller for the mile walk there. Once we got there, Ty & Carson played tennis and we girls played on the playground and swings. I was so impressed with how well she could climb the stairs and go down the big slides with ease. What a difference already from last year. I can already tell this is going to be a really fun summer for her. She can do so much more now!

Notice the HUGE pools of water in front of the tennis courts. My boys decided to run through them and splash around in them when I wasn't looking. OMG! I was SOOO mad. I specifically told them not to get wet. So much for that. Then I was yelling for them to stop (as nicely as possible from far away and in front of other parents that were there), but they continued on knowing I wouldn't go through the water to physically stop them. I was fuming. The sweetest revenge lesson was that they had to freeze the whole walk home in their wet clingy clothes. I bet they won't do that again!


Funny how it seems warmer when the sun's out when you are in the house, than outside! Our walk back was quite chilly (and even colder for 2 boys!) as the sun was going away, but worth it. It felt so good to go for a walk. I can't wait for the warmer weather to begin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to get out! The play ground looks like a lot of fun! I wish we had a place to walk to around here. Hope it warms up for you soon!