Wednesday, March 12, 2008

OUCH!!!!!

It's called the "Lunch Time Laser Peel":
  • 5 times better than a chemical or skin peel
  • Shining and tightening effects
  • No down time, pain or discomfort
  • Only 1 treatment every 4-6 months recommended
Um, who are you KIDDING???!!! No pain or discomfort? Let me put it this way...Have you ever had your face tattooed? That is about what it felt like. Well, I am not really sure since I have no tattoos, but I would guess it would feel like this. Actually it wasn't all horrible; I kinda got used to it after awhile, until he would stop and then go back at it. First, he lasered my whole face and neck, and then he took this sandpaper gauze pad and rubbed my face with it. Not very fun but it was over. Phew, I was done. I could actually manage this. Then he said, "Ok, we just need to do it once more." ONCE MORE?! Now this is where the pain started kicking in (and yes, he rubbed it AGAIN afterwards w/ the sandpaper). The skin was now raw and he started at it again. All I could smell was burnt skin. YUMMY ~ My burnt skin.

Can I just tell you how scared I was to look in the mirror after he was done? I really didn't know what to expect. I was thinking open wounds, lol! But, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Just REALLY red and sore. I was wondering if I could put anything on it to cool it down, so he gave me some aloe vera. OMG, I had no clue how much that stuff stings. It burned so bad. I stood up and started feeling sick. My face was on fire (like 10x worse than a sunburn) and my throat was feeling tight and it was hard to swallow. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it. He said it was normal and I was fine. I didn't agree! I even asked the nurses and they all said it was normal. What did I get myself into? Too late now.

I left the office with my big sunglasses on trying to hide my face, running for the cold. I needed to cool off my "burn". The outside felt great, but it just wasn't enough. So, I blasted the A/C for the entire 45 minute car ride home. Now mind you it was 30 degrees outside, that's how hot my face was.

Good thing I have nothing to do all week so I can hide inside until it gets better. It's suppose to be red for a couple of days and then peel completely off. Should be interesting. I will keep you updated. For now, this is what I looked like when I got home:

(please remember I have no make-up on, so I look gross - but I had to show pictures!)


8 comments:

Kacey said...

OMG! Why did you do that to yourself? Poor Amy! Are you feeling better today?

Toni said...

Ouchies!! The price we pay for beauty!! Interested to see the final results!

Tasha said...

Yay for lunchtime peels! Love the pic! LOL. You're gonna look FAB. Make sure and post an update!

Tracey said...

Ouch! I hope it turns out great though. I cannot wait to see the updated pics.

Anonymous said...

First off, you don't look gross! But man, it looks sore! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Nikki said...

OMGoodness!!! You look like you must be in pain, but really, you dont look gross!!! I wish I looked that gross lol! Even on a good day you look better than I feel sometimes!
Like the others have said, dont forget the update pics!

Anonymous said...

YOWZA! Mental note to self: No facial peels. I hope it doesn't still hurt, and I hope you get the results you wanted! :)

nope said...

OMG. That looks like it hurts. You don't look gross sillygoose. I can't wait to see the results...