Thursday, March 6, 2008

What is YOUR Motivation?

Why is it so hard for me to get my butt in gear to go and run on the treadmill? I swear, I have never been so tired, for so long as I have been this winter. I am not sick, I am just really really beat for no good reason. I have no energy. Yet, I force myself to run in hopes of increasing my energy level and to get in shape. So far, neither has happened and it's been a solid month of actually being consistent. What gives? Maybe I have that SAD thing from living in Buffalo. Anyways, I hope a change is coming soon.

So, what actually motivates you to exercise? I'll tell you what my motivation is right now. The obvious answer is to look good and be healthy, etc. But the real reason is that I am addicted to Big Brother on CBS. Um yeah, seriously. I won't watch it on TV or even DVR it. I only allow myself to watch it online, on my laptop, while running on the treadmill. AND it's on 3 nights a week!!! So, that means I workout a minimum of 3 days a week. Pretty good stuff, right?! It makes my running go so much faster and once I get my tired butt on the treadmill, I forget how tired I was just 5 minutes before. Simply amazing. I just don't know what I am going to do once the season is over?!!!

ps...I wrote this while walking on the treadmill and feel better already! Now I need to watch my show and pick up the pace. Oh, and I am still behind 2 episodes, so shhh!!!

2 comments:

Tasha said...

My motivation is being able to drop the kids at the kid's room and have my ME time! I'll run 5 miles just to have the ME time. LOL

You go, girl!

ohAmanda said...

I love your motivation! LOL! If I had a treadmill, I can see doing that. I try doing videos sometimes, it's kinda hard doing yoga when Lydia's doing downward facing dog on the mat with you...